Laberge Group was retained by Maverick Constructors, LLC, to provide construction layout and verification services for the placement of 8,600 burial sites at the Gerald B.H. Solomon Saratoga National Cemetery in the Town of Saratoga, NY. This includes establishing the layout for 4,600 crypts, and 10 monolithic columbariums that will contain 4,000 niches to house cremated remains. Laberge Group is honored to provide services to the Department of Veterans Affairs to assist in the placement of new burial sites that will be the final resting places of brave service men and women who have served our country.
Laberge Group’s survey team is conducting this work in accordance with the stringent requirements of the Department of Veterans Affairs, including:
- Placement of earthwork grade stakes to guide excavation
- Verification that the excavation of the crypt location, as well as the finished grade of the stone foundation for the crypts, matches design specifications within stipulated grading elevation tolerances
- Pre-placement of crypt layout, employing Total Station instruments to ensure an accurate grid line formation
- Post-placement location verification to ensure that crypts are placed accurately
- Layout of required storm drainage piping and structures
- Layout of buildings in the maintenance area
It is an honor to assist the Department of Veterans Affairs on this important project.