Planning & Community Development
At Laberge Group, we work closely with the municipal staff, elected and appointed officials, business leaders, and civic leaders who are our clients. Our philosophy is that our clients are the experts about their community, the political environment, and the vision of how they want to approach change. Our job is to complement that knowledge and local expertise with new ideas, a fresh approach and our many years of experience.
- Hands-on experience;
- Dedication to collaborative problem solving; and
- Commitment to implementation and tangible results.
COLLABORATIVE PROBLEM SOLIVING
We are known for working closely with the elected officials, community leaders, municipal staff, and community members of the municipalities we serve. Because our clients are the experts on their community, they are indispensable contributors to establishing the vision for the community’s future and for developing the strategies and specific projects that will be the catalyst for change to realize the common vision established during the planning process.
- Structured and facilitated kick-off meetings to ensure that each project begins on a strong footing.
- Continued coordination throughout the project process to review progress and fine-tune tasks.
- Development of questionnaires designed to glean detailed information, while maximizing the use of meetings by obtaining information in advance.
- Visioning sessions that provide opportunities for meaningful participation from elected officials, their staff, department heads, stakeholders, and other participants deemed appropriate. These immersive meetings can include Town Hall discussions, Roundtable sessions, one-on-one interviews, and/or small group workshops.
IMPLEMENTATION AND TANGIBLE RESULTS
Laberge Group’s Planning and Community development team has played an instrumental role in developing successful Comprehensive Plans, Economic Development Plans, and Main Street Revitalization Initiatives. Because of our long-held dedication to developing implementable and impactful plans that lead to positive measurable outcomes, these projects have led to strategy implementation that has benefitted client communities throughout the State of New York. By identifying and prioritizing specific projects, assigning responsible parties, identifying funding sources, and attaching explicit timeframes, we develop plans that are not “put on a shelf,” but rather are put to work to benefit the residents, business owners, and stakeholders in the communities we serve.