Laberge Group successfully partnered with Columbia County to secure $300,000 in Economic Development grant funding through a NYS Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). This funding will be used to help establish the Drumlin Field Distillery in the Town of Claverack, NY. This complex, sited on a 182 acre farm, will include a distillery, tasting rooms, offices, and a winery/cidery maturation warehouse. Grapes and apples grown on the farm will be crushed, fermented into wine and cider, then distilled and aged to produce an ultra-premium New York State brandy.
The Economic Development grant funding will be used to purchase machinery and equipment necessary for the brandy distilling process. In addition to the economic benefit of attracting tourists to the distillery’s tasting rooms, the project will also provide 25 new job opportunities to people living in Columbia County and the Capital Region. Laberge Group is proud to have been part of this important job-creation and economic development initiative!
To stand out in today’s competitive grant funding field, a successful grant application requires:
- Development of strong projects with measurable objectives and clearly delineated strategies
- Direct correlations between project outcomes and the mission of the funding agency
- Demonstration of project readiness, including supporting studies and reports
- Evidence of fiscal viability (including third-party validated budgets, commitment of other funds, and more)
- Documentation of community support and key partnerships
Laberge Group’s seasoned and professional grant writers partner with our client communities to submit compelling Economic Development grant applications that stand out from the crowd. Learn more about our extensive grant development services HERE.
To discuss how Laberge Group’s grant writers can contribute to the success of your next Economic Development project by developing a competitive CDBG grant application, call Ben Syden at (518) 458-7112 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free conference call.