Village of Fort Johnson Board Initiated Dissolution Plan
Laberge Group has been retained to partner with the Village of Fort Johnson on the development of a Board Initiated Dissolution Plan.
The Dissolution Plan will go far beyond the basic steps mandated by State law to include substantial research that will provide a clear understanding of current Village and Town operations. Those findings will then be leveraged to analyze the implications of dissolution and inform the development of detailed transition planning.
Over the last two years alone, Laberge Group’s Local Government Operations and Efficiency team has developed studies, conducted public outreach efforts, and delivered dissolution and consolidation plans for communities throughout New York State. These have included:
- Village of South Nyack Dissolution Plan
- Village of Highland Falls Interim Dissolution Plan
- Village and Town of Pawling Interim Consolidation Plan
- Village of Spencer Interim Dissolution Plan
- Town/Village of Lake George DPW Consolidation Study
- Town/Village of Red Hook Court Consolidation Study
- Town/Village of Rhinebeck Court Consolidation Study
Leveraging Hands-On Dissolution Implementation Insights
Laberge Group’s seasoned professionals are well versed in the development and implementation of dissolutions plans. The firm has developed dissolution plans and provided post-dissolution implementation services for:
- Town of Orangetown / Village of South Nyack, Rockland County, NY.
- Town of Brookhaven / Former Village of Mastic Beach, Suffolk County, NY.
- Town of Moriah / Former Village of Port Henry, Essex County, NY.
- Town of Salem / Former Village of Salem, Washington County, NY.
- Town of Van Etten / Former Village of Van Etten, Chemung County, NY. (implementation only)
- Town of Macedon / Former Village of Macedon, Wayne County, NY.
This hands-on implementation experience has provided valuable insights that allow our team to anticipate what we refer to as the “bumps, bruises, and pitfalls” of dissolution. Drawing from this hands-on experience with dissolution transitions and implementations, we work with client communities early in the process to identify those challenges and are well-equipped to help proactively navigate and educate the public on these issues.
FREE DISSOLUTION ARTICLE
If your community is weighing the pros and cons of village dissolution, Laberge Group would be happy to be a resource for you.
For a free article on the “Bumps, Bruises, and Pitfalls” of dissolution, simply submit this form. We’ll get the article out to you right away.