Town and Village of Pawling Interim Study of Consolidation
This report delivers detailed findings about the potential impact that consolidation of the Town and Village of Pawling would have on the form of local government representation and the provision of services, as well as cost and taxation implications.
Interim Study of Consolidation Executive Summary
As well as summarizing the content of the full Interim Study, this document provides a detailed “Potential Conditions Post-Consolidation Resident Checklist” designed to help voters track their opinions on various issues and come to an informed vote.
Town and Village of Pawling Consolidation Referendum Public Information Brochure which summarizes key content and provides a trimmed version of the “Resident Checklist.”
Additional Informational Documents
- Brochure from the Village of Pawling – “Consolidation Proposal: What it Means to You and the Village of Pawling”
- The Reorganization of Local Government Handout
- NYS Department of State Research Documents
- The Citizen’s Guide to Petitioning For Local Government Consolidation or Dissolution
- The New York Government Reorganization and Citizen Empowerment Act
- The New York Government Reorganization and Citizen Empowerment Act: A Summary of the Process for Consolidation and Dissolution
- Other NYS Government Reorganization Resources & Publications
Page Updated November 19, 2020