The Town of Ramapo, in partnership with the Laberge Group Team, identified key steps necessary to prepare a successful Development Plan for Northeast Ramapo. Further details about major components can be found at Planning Process.
- Planning Committee Meetings: The PAC is comprised of people with diverse interests and backgrounds that will provide broad perspectives and subject knowledge. PAC Meeting summaries will be available on Planning Documents.
- Town Department Head, Community Leaders & Stakeholder Meetings: Laberge Group Team has met with several Town department heads to discuss current issues and long-term needs.
- Existing Conditions: The Existing Conditions Report will be used to provide detailed conditions for each development plan. The Existing Conditions Update will be posted on the Planning Documents.
- Public Outreach: Diverse public engagement serves to inform the community about the project and it provides a means for interested persons to supply input regarding needs and strategy. All opportunities for participation are posted on Get Involved.
- SEQRA: Per New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQR) protocols, the Town Council is required to take a hard look at the potential impacts of each strategic plan. All SEQR information can be found in SEQR.
- Draft Plan: A Draft Plan will be developed that will tie together all elements including goals, strategies, and an implementation plan. The Town Board will hold a Public Hearing (TBD) on the Draft Plan.
- Final Plan: A final revised Plan will be prepared based posted on Planning Documents during the public comment period.
Back to Northeast Ramapo