Construction has been completed on an off-site water main, sanitary sewer force main, and gravity main that provide municipal water and sewer services to the Amazon Sales Distribution Center in the Town of Schodack, NY, which officially opened in September of 2020.
Laberge Group conducted construction observation as well as construction administration of this project, which also included new off-site traffic signal and highway improvements to accommodate the proper pattern and access points to the new facility. All construction observation services were performed in accordance with NYSDOT requirements as well as Town ordinances and codes. These services included:
- Coordinating pre-construction meeting.
- Reviewing conformance of work performed to shop drawings.
- Monitoring progress and quality of work.
- Coordinating with contractor and Town regarding plan modifications.
- Providing recommendations for unexpected issues and findings.
- Conducting full-time on-site construction observation.
- Reviewing work zone traffic control.
- Maintaining frequent communication with NYSDOT regarding the project’s status.
- Submitting daily construction reports.
- Maintaining required photo records.
- Conducting pressure and leakage tests of both the water main and sewer main.
- Reviewing record drawings submitted by the contractor.
- Coordinating closeout.
This newly completed water main, sewer force main, gravity main, and transportation infrastructure supports a one-million square foot distribution center which expanded its hiring estimates from an original estimate of 800 jobs to more than 1,000.