The goal of MAIN ST. REVITALIZATION
PLANNING is to provide a framework that will help
transform your downtown into a VIBRANT
DOWNTOWN – a place where people love to LIVE,
WORK, and PLAY.
The Anatomy of a Vibrant Downtown
- Objective 1: Review of existing plans.
- Objective 2: Inventory of existing conditions.
- Objective 3: Visual assessment and photo log.
- Objective 4: Assets and liabilities workshop.
- Objective 5: Preliminary market analysis.
- Objective 6: Market analysis presentation.
- Objective 7: Business owner survey results.
- Review of Existing Plans
- Inventory of Existing Conditions
- Visual Assessment and Photo Log
- Assets and Liabilities Workshop
- Preliminary Market Analysis
- Market Analysis Presentation
- Business Owner Survey Results
ANATOMY OF A VIBRANT DOWNTOWN
- Municipal/Economic Anchors: Economic anchors within a downtown core draw steady crowds, which create active street life and encourage spin-off businesses.
- Architectural Integrity: Traditional architecture provides a sense of place for a downtown and encourages a mix of uses that support a vibrant social and economic structure.
- Mixed Uses (Office, Residential, Specialty Shops): Downtown buildings with restaurants, and pedestrian oriented commercial space on the first floor – office and residential space on the upper floors create a pedestrian presence, stable consumer population and customer base 24/7.
- Transportation and Linkages (Including landmarks and Gateways): Vehicular Routes, Access to Mass Transit & Pedestrian Access that provide easy movement into and through the Downtown Core.
- Quality Outdoor Spaces and Design: Quality pedestrian spaces should provide effective
and inviting links between important parts of the City.
- Recognition of Local History, Local Culture and Regional Context: Recognition of historic, cultural
and regional character promotes a sense of identity
- Protection or Sustainable Use of Natural Resources: Preservation, celebration, and effective use of a regions natural resources improves the quality of life and attracts consumers.
- Desirable Residential Options: Urban living – when made a desirable, and an affordable option has many advantages for residents and tax payers
- Supporting Commercial and Residential Districts: Facade improvements, landscaping, uniform and regulated signage, shared parking, streetscapes, setback requirements.